The programme TEEAL/AGORA Train-The-Trainer Workshop that lasted for 3 days with the following programmes:
- Electronic Library Resources in context and Introduction of Databases
- Formulation of search Strategies
- An overview of TEEAL Database and use of TEEAL
- Research4Life which includes the following packages:
- a. HINARI
- b. AGORA
- c. OARE
- d. ARDI
- Reference Management – Introduction to Mendeley
- Marketing and Information Management Using WEB 2.0 and Social Media
- Group Discussion and Presentation
At the end of the workshop, the following resolutions ensued:
- Strong advocacy was recommended as a tool to get the management of various institutions and Government to buy into the idea of acquiring these e-resources and databases for their institutions.
- Every staff members of the institutions should be trained on the use of the various e-resources and databases.
- Orientation and instruction programmes should be designed and incorporated into the curriculum of the various institutions to recreate more awareness of the existence of these resources and databases.
- It was seriously recommended that parent bodies should provide adequate funds for the acquisition of these e-resources in their institutions.
- Finally, the participants agreed to form a forum that would meet regularly to further the course of this training programme with Imo State Polytechnic hosting the next session.